Allflex Microchip Bio-Thermo 840 (10/Box)
Merck Microchip Bio-Thermo 840 (10/Box)
Description Allflex USDA 840 Microchip Bio-Thermo Technology for Equine or Deer (10/box):
Merck LifeChip 840 Microchip Bio-Thermo (Requires Premise ID) Technology for Equine or Deer (10/box)
Merck Equine Microchip LifeChip with Bio-Thermo Technology measures body temperature and is in sterile 12 gauge needle for easy application.
Merck microchips offer permanent, unique, and unalterable means of identifying horses or deer. The microchip is the size of a grain of rice and contains a passive transponder programmed with a unique 15 digit number, compliant with ISO standards 11784 and 11785. Frequency of ISO compliant microchips is 134.2 kHz.
Merck also complies with sterilization standards ISO 11135 and ISO 11607.
Body Temperature is displayed when microchip is scanned with Global Pocket Reader GPR+ which is sold separately.
Key Benefit Merck USDA 840 LifeChip Microchip Bio-Thermo Technology for Equine or Deer (10/box):
- Measures Body temperature through patented technology
- ISO microchips: 15 digit number with 134.2 kHz frequency
- Easy to inject 12 Gauge needle. Exclusive BioBond anti-migration cap that can help microchip from migration by promoting tissue adhesion.
- Compliant with ISO Standards 11784 and 11785. Frequency is 134.2 kHz
Bio-Thermo microchips contain a patented built-in temperature biosensor1, and are therefore able to measure temperature at the implantation site. It is an easy, safe, and quick alternative method of taking multiple temperature measurements.
Bio-Thermo microchips2,3 are Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) systems which offer unique and unalterable identification. The microchip is a passive transponder, each about the size of a grain of rice, programmed with a unique 15-digit identification number compatible with ISO Standards 11784 and 11785.
Key Structural and Identification Features Include:
- Microchips are pre-loaded in syringes with an easy to inject 12-gauge needle inside a sterile pouch
- Each Bio-Thermo microchip is capped with a polymer sheath on one end called BioBond®, which can help keep the microchip from migrating by favoring tissue adhesion
- The 15-digit identification number can be read by universal or ISO compliant readers
- Microchip temperatures from Bio-Thermo microchips can be read by our universal scanners Global Pocket Reader™ Plus (GPR+) or the HomeAgain® microchip readers
- When used in conjunction with the EquiTrace® app, temperatures can be quickly recorded and monitored in an easy to read chart located directly within the app
A premises ID is required when ordering 840 tags.
How to get a Premise ID Number: To obtain a premises ID (PIN), please contact the state animal health authority [Animal Disease Traceability (ADT) Administrator] for your state. A directory can be found at www.aphis.usda.gov/traceability/contact_us/directories.shtml.
Injectable Microchip can be used in Deer and read by ISO 11784/85 readers.