Y-TEX XP 820 MACROCYCLIC LACTONE Insecticide Ear Strips (20/bag)
The NEW Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Strip can be attached to an existing ID ear tag in the ear, providing the the protection of an insecticide tag without the need to apply a separate tag through the ear or make another hole. XP 820 Strip has a key hole slit through which existing button can be manually fed, allowing Strip to lie flat between ear and button.
XP 820™ is a unique, slow-release ear tag for cattle that is the first ever tag to contain abamectin (avermectins B1a and B1b),a highly active macrocyclic lactone that has never been used before on cattle in the USA. The patent-pending formulation contains a high loading of piperonyl butoxide which synergizes the abamectin for maximum pesticidal action. XP 820 is particularly effective against horn flies, including strains resistant to synthetic pyrethroid and organophosphate insecticides.
XP 820 is also effective against ear ticks, American Dog Ticks, Cattle Fever Ticks (Boophilus species) and Lone Star Ticks. The XP 820 tag has a net weight of 9 grams and a metallic gold color.
After Two Years rotate to Gardstar, OPtimizer, Warrior, PYThon or PYthon Magnum
Controls Horn Flies, Gulf Coast Ticks, Spinose Ear Ticks, and aids in control of American Dog Ticks, Cattle Fever Ticks (Boophilus species), Lone Star Ticks, and reduces Face Flies.
- XP 820 is the only tag worldwide to contain a macrocyclic lactone.
- Labeled for use on beef and non-lactating dairy cattle, including calves.
- Controls Horn Flies that are resistant to synthetic pyrethroids and organophosphates.
- Controls Horn Flies for up to three months with one tag per head and up to five months with two tags per head.
- Controls Gulf Coast Ticks and Spinose Ear Ticks with two tags per head.
- XP 820 is the only ear tag approved for Aid In Control of Cattle Fever Ticks, the causal agent of tick fever (Babesiosis), a potentially fatal cattle disease.
- Aids in control of American Dog Ticks for up to three months and Lone Star Ticks for two months with two tags/head.
- Reduces Face Flies with two tags/head.
- Has no objectionable odor.
- Has the Y-TEX patented Snap-Lok™collar for guaranteed retention against tag or button failure for up to 5 months.
- Uses the proven Y-TEX two-piece tag application system
- Ideal for rotation with all other insecticide ear tags for management of insecticide resistance.
Please be aware: Strip should not be used until the ID tag application site has completely healed. Preferably, use with ID tags that were applied the previous season or earlier. When using in calves, consider the weight of ID Tag plus Strip. Ear damage may result in young calves. 9.5 grams.