Allflex Tissue Sampling Units (TSU)
Are you looking for a quick and easy DNA sampling method that is reliable, easy to transport, user-friendly and efficient to process at the lab?
Allflex Tissue Sampling Units (TSU) are used with Allflex Tissue Sampling Applicator to punch and collect a tissue sample from an animal's ear. Tissue samples contain a large amount of high quality DNA, sufficient to yield excellent lab results.
As each tissue punch is collected, it is automatically sealed inside the collection tube in a specially designed preservative. Tissue samples can be stored at room temperature for up to one year before analysis. Tissue samples contain a large amount of high quality DNA, sufficient to yield excellent lab results. Each Allflex TSU is made up of a collection tube, metal cutter, and red plastic clip. Each TSU is designed for a single use; do not re-use any portion. Each box contains ten TSUs marked with ten consecutive Test ID numbers or you can match a TSU to a visual tag or an EID tag. TSU requires Allflex Tissue Sampling Applicator (sold separately).
Send samples to the lab of your choice to have DNA analyzed for parentage verification, genetic selection, BVD diagnostics, or other genome mapping. Lab testing and testing fees are the responsibility of the customer.
Coordinate with the lab of your choice, or use Neogen Genomics lab.
Tissue Sampling Units Provide:
- Fast, high performance sample collection. Samples can be collected in seconds with minimal animal restraint. A single-squeeze motion collects a sample with minimum distress to the animal.
- Clean, uncontaminated sampling. The genetic material is sealed in a specially designed preservative.
- Minimize retesting. Tissue samples contain a large quantity of high quality DNA for genetic analysis, yielding excellent lab results.
- Sample integrity. The TSU is fully sealed and positively identified with both a 2D barcode and ID panel.
- Allflex Tissue Sampling Units (TSU) provide all of this and much more. These units take an ear punch which can replace tail hair, blood, semen or other sample types used for DNA. TSU’s can be used on cattle, game, swine and sheep.
Share this post